WATER SHUT-OFF PROCEDURES
- If you feel you have received a Notice in error, please call the District office at 760-374-2414.
- You will receive a 15 day water Termination Notice if your account becomes at least 60 days past due.
- If payment or payment arrangements have not been made in the District office on or before 5:00 pm on the date specified in the Termination Notice, the District will deliver a Final Notice of Termination for a fee of $5.00.
- In order to avoid termination of water service, the total payment or arrangements for payment of the current due plus a minimum of $50.00 on the past due amount must be received in the District office on or before 5:00pm on the day before the water is due to be shut off.
- If your water has been shut off and you would like to reestablish service, you will be required to pay the past due balance in full in addition to a $25.00 reconnection fee. You will also be required to pay a $100.00 deposit at the time of reconnection. Any deposit made on an account will be forfeited if the water for that account is shut off due to non-payment. The owner of any property is responsible for any past due amount accrued for water on said property by a tenant if the tenant vacates the property.
Please contact the Office either by coming into the District office located at 27804 Comstock Ave, Johannesburg, CA 93528, or by calling 760-374-2414 during business hours (Monday from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm, Tuesday through Thursday 8:00 am to 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm excluding holidays) if:
o You would like to request an extension of time to pay your delinquent balance (requires a signature by an adult if granted);
o You would like information on the availability of financial assistance, including private, local, state or federal sources;
o You would like to initiate a complaint or request an investigation concerning service or charges, or
o You would like more information or other assistance regarding this matter.
If the delinquent charges are not paid, or arrangements for payment are not made, they shall be added to the County tax roll for the purpose of collecting such delinquent charges, shall constitute a lien against the respective parcels or real property described, and shall be included by the respective County tax collectors in bills for taxes levied against the respective parcels of real property.
IF YOU ARE A TENANT RECEIVING WATER SERVICE AT THIS PREMISES, AS THE ACTUAL USERS OF THE WATER SERVICE PROVIDED TO THESE PREMISES, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO BECOME A CUSTOMER OF THE RAND COMMUNITIES WATER DISTRICT WITHOUT HAVING TO PAY THE DELINQUENT BALANCE.