There is currently one job opening for the position of General Manager.
Prepares, interprets, and enforces departmental and organizational policies, procedures
and guidelines; makes effective independent decisions representing day-to-day issues
that do not require team discussion, input, or agreement.
· Oversees and supervises office personnel which includes training, planning,
· assigning and scheduling their duties; directing, coordinating and evaluating their performance; rewarding and disciplining; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
· Establishes work priorities and sequence, assigns work and manages all operations work performance focusing on efficiency, work quality, cost, schedule and related customer service
· Fully implements all district policies, maintenance plans, capital improvement plans and programs including infrastructure, vehicles, equipment, buildings and property and submit reports to Board of Directors as required
· Timely and accurate completion of all required state, local and district reports,
· including operation and maintenance reports
· Timely compliance with all regulatory agency mandates, permit requirements,
· sampling schedules and state mandated actions and programs
· Implementation and update of the District safety program
· Develop Capital Equipment Replacement and Capital Improvement Project priority
· lists, schedules and supporting information
· Manage field personnel including hiring, training and coaching, assisting in job
· description and personnel updates, monitor and conduct written performance
· evaluations, develop performance improvement plans, document performance concerns
· and recommend/provide documentation supporting disciplinary action, develop training
· and development plans
· Ensure adequate water supply and delivery of water meeting all quality standards
· Other Duties
· Coordinate and communicate operations activities with the Office Manager on the appropriate schedule
· Work with qualified system/facility maintenance contractors and manage quality, schedule and cost of work performed
· Submittals on a timely basis of accounts payable items, with appropriate documentation to the Board utilizing known information in coding to proper account
· Attendance at Board or other meetings as requested
· Effectively communicates department strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats
· with Board of Directors in a timely manner
· Ensures scheduled maintenance and calibrations of all water distribution equipment is
· completed on the appropriate schedule
· Ensures that all system emergencies are addressed in a timely manner and causes
· are determined and remedial plans developed
· Leads and performs customer service related duties including but not limited to:
· Meter installation, turning services on or off, lock-offs and unlocks, quality
· * Works with field personnel and performs emergency repairs after normal working hours and participate in “On-Call”.
· This position typically requires working Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00
· p.m. with a thirty (30) minute lunch break. This position is subject to being on-call during
· the off-hours. Position is considered essential personnel.
· Federal, State, and local laws and regulations regarding District administrative operations.
· Principles and practices of effective administration of support functions.
· Modern office practices and technology.
· Filing methods arid recordkeeping systems.
· Principles and practices of financial reporting.
· Basic mathematics.
· Correct English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
· Policy and procedure development.
· Technical report writing.
· Principles and practices of personnel administration.
· Interpret, analyze, and apply Federal, State, and local laws and regulations pertaining to the administration of office support functions.
· Analyze situations and make sound recommendations in support of District goals.
· Develop and implement policies and procedures relating to District office support
· Organize data, maintain records, and prepare reports.
· Review and comprehend technical financial information.
· Utilize computer systems and software packages.
· Identify and effectively train subordinate staff.
· Perform basic installation, maintenance, and repair of water Service Systems and meters.
· Perform skilled installation, servicing, repair of meters.
· Operate motor vehicles and power-driven equipment used in water service work.
· Operates District vehicles in field installations and maintenance work.
· Must be able to carry, push, pull, reach, and lift equipment and parts weighing up to 50 pounds.
· Stoops, kneels, crouches, crawls, and climbs during field maintenance and repair work. Works in an environment with exposure to dust, dirt, and significant temperature changes between cold and heat.
· Communicates orally with District staff in face-to-face, one-to-one settings. Regularly uses a telephone for communication.
· Stands and walks for extended time periods.
· Hearing and vision within normal ranges with or without correction.
· Exposure to the sun: 50% to 100% work time spent outside a building and exposed to the sun.
· Work above floor level: Some work done on ladders or other surfaces from 4 to 12 feet above the ground.
· High temp: Considerable work time in hard manual labor in temperatures between 80- 90 degrees.
· Humidity: Work in areas with unusually high humidity
· Wetness: More than 10% of the work time getting part or all of the body and/or
· clothing wet.
· Noise: Occasionally there are unusually loud sounds
· Slippery surfaces: Occasional work on unusually slippery surfaces
· Oil: Some parts of the body in contact with oil or grease occasionally.
· Dust: Works in or around areas with minor amounts of dust.
· Irregular or extended work hours: Occasionally required to change working hours or work overtime, on-call.
· Applicants must have a working knowledge of the use and application of office business software including Microsoft Word and Excel; experience and/or knowledge of Quick Books desirable.
· Excellent mechanicals skills and practices.
· Experience and/or certification in water distribution is highly desirable.
· High School or General Education Diploma (GED) and ability to complete
· college level coursework in water distribution.
· Valid California Driver’s License appropriate to job and satisfactory driving
· Water Distribution Grade 1 (Minimum mandatory) within 90 days
· Water Treatment Operator Grade 1 (Minimum mandatory) within one year of appointment
This position is salaried. Starting salary is $40,000 per year.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please submit an application and resume via email or drop off at the main office.